The Life of Shaun Brian

The true story of a reluctant Messiah trying to save himself from himself. Hear how he constantly gets nailed. Notice how he gets cross. Will he last supper? Will he resurect his life? Will there be a second coming? Or will he just hang around.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Goodbye Gran...

I had just said to someone that at least I had not had to endure a death over the last year. Spoke too soon. My grandmother died over the weekend - she was very old, and I had not seen her for a while, which was a conscious decision, so I won't beat myself up over that! I am just glad that my daughter got to meet her.

I was trying to think of what memories I had of her, and I walked into my daughters room and she was watching "Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory" on DVD with Gene Wylder. Then I remembered as clearly as yesterday, my Gran had taken me to see this film when I was 7! How the circle turns!

I might put down some of the memories, if relevant. Need to decide whether to attend the funeral or not.


1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Prone Ranger said...

Thank you for the advice gained from your experience. I would normally agree with you but this funeral would have a bazaar cast. My presence would be a crutch for some, weapon for others and a massive drain on my energy levels. So would my absence. I will consider this carefully and, certainly, I will Blog it. Thank you again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Original Site